As asphalt ages, it becomes brittle. This deterioration is due to a number of factors including, the UV rays from the sun, salt from the roads during the winter months, and oil and gas leaks from vehicles. Sealcoating acts as a barrier against these elements. Studies have shown that when an asphalt sealant is applied from the beginning and continued throughout the life of your pavement it can greatly increase, and even doubles its lifespan.
7 Benefits of Sealcoating
1. Saves money. Sealcoating can double – or even triple – the life of your asphalt.
2. Provides a barrier to salts, chemicals, and petroleum products which break down asphalt.
3. Waterproofs asphalt – seals out moisture that can erode the base beneath the asphalt.
4. Improves crack resistance – keeps asphalt flexible so it doesn’t crack or break.
5. Sleek, new black finish increases property value.
6. Cures quickly for less interruption or business flow.
7. Faster cleanup – well maintained pavement is easier to clean.